Like every professional website, pixels are used to understand which web pages you read so I can understand what content people like and create more of it.
I will not share your personal/identifiable information with anyone.
These companies may store data related to you because of your interaction with my website and other marketing, the data they collect is subject to their privacy / legal policies:
- Google (website analytics),
- PayPal (information you personally submit to PayPal related to PayPal payments),
- Facebook (website analytics and advertising data), and
- MailChimp (name & email address that you submit).
If you don’t want tracking data to be collected, block cookies in your browser, use an ad blocker, and contact each of the companies to opt-out of their tracking. Honestly, the only way to completely avoid tracking is to stay off the internet.
If you create an account on EpicSongWriting.com to access an online course, you need to submit your first and last name, an email address and your timezone, to ensure you are a human and not a bot.
If you contact us directly by email, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address and the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you choose to provide.
How Data is Used
Data is collected to understand how people interact with the content on EpicSongWriting.com so I can make more of the good stuff and better help songwriters write better songs.
- Improve and personalize your experience on the website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails if you choose to receive them
- Find and prevent fraud
The following cookies are used on EpicSongWriting.com. You have the option of blocking cookies in your web browser options.
These cookies are required for the efficient operation of our website, including, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make payments for courses or coaching.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, so content can be personalised for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Tracking reading of pages and articles that recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, so users can easily find what information and songwriting help they are looking for.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. It is also used by FaceBook and Google to send you advertisements for this website. I do not have direct access to your personal information. This information may be shared with third parties for this purpose. Their use of cookie data is subject to their own privacy policies.
If I recommend a service or product, it’s because I’ve found it to be worth buying and it could be helpful to you. Always perform your own due diligence, and research before purchasing something to be sure it’s right for you.
I don’t presently use affiliate links, if this changes any affiliate links will be labeled. An affiliate link means I would receive a small commission if you purchase something, there is no added cost to you.
I’d prefer that you purchase from local vendors that keep your money in your local economy instead of supporting online mega-stores.
Subscribing / Unsubscribing to Emails
I regularly send out emails with helpful songwriting advice and occasional offers from EpicSongWriting. You can sign up for emails on most pages on this website by providing your first name and email address. You can reply to any email with specific songwriting questions. You can unsubscribe through a link at the bottom of every MailChimp email.
Services and Online Courses
Online courses are all guaranteed… I guarantee that they will help you improve your songwriting provided you take the course and apply the knowledge you learn. If you try and it doesn’t work for you contact me and I’ll personally help you out, either with the course materials or an alternative that we both agree to. I consider a refund a last resort because if you’re purchasing an online course, you need some help and I want to be sure you get it before giving up on yourself. I’ve been teaching music for over 25 years, if I genuinely can’t help you I’ll be sure you get a refund after we’ve tried everything else.
Cancelling a scheduled call less than 24 hours in advance will not be refunded or credited to your account.
You can cancel any coaching package and receive a refund for any unused portion (except for calls already scheduled within the next 24 hours, see above).
I reserve the right to cancel a coaching package at any time and refund any unused portion.
I provide songwriting guidance and ideas. You are responsible for implementing them and for your results. In other words, I teach the best advice I know, what you do (or don’t do) with that advice is up to you.
All materials on EpicSongWriting.com are copyrighted, they are my intellectual property.
- You can link to anything on the website.
- If you quote anything, please acknowledge it accordingly.
- You are allowed to share any “free to share” materials (all are marked as such) as long as you don’t alter anything or charge a fee for them.
- You can talk about anything you learn here, but sharing or reselling any materials from a paid course is not allowed: you will be removed from the course, banned from this website and not be eligible for a refund of any kind.
If you’d like to reference anything else on this website, please contact me by email for permission: help (at) epicsongwriting.com
EpicSongWriting follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
EpicSongwriting.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will remove such information from our records.